I think one of my biggest challenges is apparent in this blog alone. I always start, but rarely finish. Is this a lack of focus? A lack of drive? Unable to prioritize? Laziness? Perhaps all of the above?
Since my last post, I began reading the scriptures daily again. It was wonderful. That lasted about a week and a half. Making progress, but of course, something came up during the time I devoted to my reading and it got thrown by the wayside.
I tackled cleaning and organizing our room. I opened and unpacked boxes that had not been unpacked and organized since I first packed them four years ago. There were several occasions where I wanted something that was in those boxes, but since they were never unpacked, I just went without. It felt good to get it all back out. I even labeled drawers and shelves and gave everything a place. I was so close to being done. I could see the end. But, the kids woke up from their naps so my time was up. All that remained was one basket and one box. That basket still remains, at the foot of my bed, these three and a half weeks later. You would think the fact I trip over it daily would remind me to finish it. But, it doesn't. It has only caused me to pile more and more stuff on top of it that "needs to be organized" or "needs to be filed."
The good news is that these past four weeks have not been completely a waste. I decided to stop always talking about teaching piano and actually do something to make it happen. I worked on organizing myself, launching a blog, putting an advertisement in craigslist, setting up my QuickBooks, and gathering materials. Now four weeks later I have four students and have made good headway in typing and printing my lesson plans and copying, preparing, and buying all of my supplies and games. Not too shabby. The most exciting part of this all? I am such a nerd. I love working in QuickBooks. The accounting aspect of it all is by far my favorite. I think I missed my calling in life. I'm such a weirdo.
So, I guess I am not a complete loss. Now I just need to apply that drive to all areas. I need to learn how to finish something.
No comments:
Post a Comment